My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Non-uniformity

Went shopping today. What is the well-dressed American civilian wearing at construction sites in Central Asia these days? Simpler last time. I could choose the OD wash and wear fatigues or the newly authorized green, brown, sand and black woodland BDU's. I am my own quartermaster now. I must fight the inclination toward military-style clothing. Can there be too much khaki?

I started this blog because Blogger made me do it. I wanted to post a comment on MY WAR - Fear And Loathing In Iraq and they made me jump through hoops to do it and I ended up with a blog out of it. I had a blog once but lost interest in it. Took up too much time and all I was doing was linking. CB has motivated me to try again.

If all goes according to plan I should be in Kandahar in a month. Don't know how much time I will have to devote to blogging when I get there. We shall see.

While we wait for this blog to get good, check this out.


1 Comments:

Blogger Black coffee & a smoke... said...

Just had to create a blog too, to post here. Wanted to say that I'll be checking back daily to read what you have to say. At the moment, there are few folks blogging from Afghanistan, and I'd really like to know how everyone is getting on way out there. So I appreciate your blog a lot. Please do keep us posted on your situation and what's going on.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home